Land Development Plans
The Township’s Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance (SALDO) regulates Land Development projects as authorized by the Municipalities Planning Code. The SALDO is intended to provide for the orderly growth and development of the community in accordance with the goals and objectives of the Township’s adopted Comprehensive Plan.
Land Development includes:
- New residential and commercial developments
- Non-residential building expansions/additions
- Parking lots, new or expanded
Land Development projects may involve:
- Streets and intersection configurations
- Street lighting
- Traffic analysis and studies
- Storm water management of inlets and pipes
- Landscaping with trees, shrubs, grass, and buffer yards
- Sidewalks, curbs, and driveways
- Re-grading of topography
The procedures to submit land development plans are described in Chapter 22 of the Township Code of Ordinances. The process of getting a plan approved can take between 3 to 6 months, depending upon the complexities of the project.