Springettsbury Township adopted the Uniform Construction Code (UCC), establishing the administration and enforcement of the code, a Board of Appeals, and fees. This statewide building code, entitled the Uniform Construction Code (UCC), applies to the construction, alteration, repair, movement, equipment, removal, demolition, location, maintenance, occupancy or change of occupancy of every building or structure, and all existing structures that are not legally occupied.
January 1 - March 1, 2018 Permits Approved
Building Permits are required for
- New Building Construction
- Building Additions
- Building Alterations
- Building Demolition
- Change of Use of Occupancy
- Plumbing Work
- Mechanical Work
- Electrical Work
- Retaining walls > 4 ft height
- Addition or removal of interior walls/change of egress routes
- Decks and porches greater than 30" above grade or covered by a roof.
- Swimming pools (including the required barrier/fence)
Building permit applications must contain ALL of the following information. Incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
- Completed Application Form
- Site plan showing elevations, distances, abutting streets, property lines, easements
- Construction drawings of proposed work
- Construction specifications
- Permit Fee
Building Permits Review Time
- 15 business days for a residential building permit.
- 30 business days for a commercial building permit.